The IRA Gift (QCD)
Your IRA can provide a tax-smart way to make an impact with Big Sur Land Trust now. The Qualified Charitable Distribution or QCD (sometimes called an “IRA Charitable Rollover”) is a great way to make a tax-free gift now to Big Sur Land Trust and satisfy your Required Minimum Distribution (RMD), too.
How Do I Qualify?
The Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) offers multiple benefits for making gifts from your IRA.
- You must be 70½ years or older at the time of the gift.
- Gifts must go directly from your IRA to Big Sur Land Trust.
- Gifts cannot exceed $100,000 per donor per year.
Benefits of Qualified Charitable Distribution
- If you don’t itemize your income tax deductions, a QCD offers all of the benefits of an itemized income tax charitable deduction
- If you are age 72 or older and must take a Required Minimum Distribution RMD, a QCD gift can satisfy your RMD without increasing your income taxes.
- You may direct your gift to a program or area of your choice.
- It is a wonderful way to create an immediate impact on Big Sur Land Trust.
How Can I Make an IRA Charitable Rollover?
Contact your IRA administrator to request a Qualified Charitable Distribution from your IRA to Big Sur Land Trust.
Make a QCD: Give From Your IRA Today!
To make a gift now through your IRA, simply type in the name of your brokerage and click the button below to go to your login page.
Information that you may need for the QCD is provided below.
- Legal name: The Big Sur Land Trust
- Mailing address: 509 Hartnell St., Monterey, CA 93940
- Federal Tax ID number: 94-2473415